Tuesday, August 06, 2002

Atrios has featured an interesting dissection of the "humiliation of Islam" argument that a lot of people attribute to Stephen Den Beste and his arguments (which I've dealt with here on numerous occasions), but which in some respects has more to do with Norman Podhoretz, prominent Weekly Standard neo-con who had a starring role in Blinded by the Right as one of the operatives who was more than happy to play fast and loose with the truth in order to get the "right" message across. Doesn't surprise me that the argument stems from him; what does surprise me is how many people are taking the arguments of a complete partisan hack as Revealed Truth.

In any case, check it out. (Including the comments section, for those interested in my take on it... I like the commentators and discussions that happen in his comments threads, and readers of this site might like it as well.)

No comments:

Post a Comment