Monday, October 28, 2002

Another quick note from the note:

Two more key graphs from the Journal: "Other Democrats say any such benefit will be marginal, and in any case Republicans quickly signaled a willingness to fight back, the tragedy notwithstanding. On NBC's 'Meet the Press' Sunday, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich blasted the undeclared candidate Mondale as a politician 'with a long history of raising taxes' and warned that Democrats will run 'an emotional campaign' that tries 'to ensure that nobody thinks about who Walter Mondale is or what he stands for.'"
I actually watched that piece. I don't know what the Journal saw, but I saw a house speaker that was parroting Republican talking points ad nauseum, and having all the blasting effect of one of those medical nitroglycerine pills. I realize they have to talk up their boy, but I think Carville (who was also on) was just sorta bored by the lightweight opposition. Don't blame him. I know that if I were in that position, I'd start missing Tucker Carlson real fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment